Here’s well-known horticulturalist – and lecturer – and writer – and great friend, Tovah Martin, with her best and worst garden gifts.
Remember, we not only welcome your comments, we embrace them!
- A massive, lingering bear hug before lecturing from Roger Swain.
- A friend offered to help move an overgrown shrub and then arrived the following spring to make good on his promise (without even being reminded) when the weather was perfect for the deed.
- A friend sent a really good photograph of a gorgeous garden I visited the previous summer.
- Someone left an anonymous gift of Atlas Grip XS gloves on my doorstep, I’ve been addicted ever since – thank you, whoever you are.
- When I drooled over a double red poppy, the garden owner sent an envelope filled with seeds, progeny from that plant. Proving again that drooling in public has its rewards.
- Paperwhites – the “scent” is nauseating.
- Gloves with no fingers. Go figure…
- Years ago, someone gave me a set of children’s tools. I confess, I was insulted. Never got over it.