Rough “gardening skin?” Herbdoc has the cure:
If you’ve been in the market for exfoliating scrubs lately, you know how expensive they can be. Here’s a simple recipe to make a wonderful exfoliating scrub that will leave sensitive skin smooth and moisturized. It makes a great gift!
What You’ll Need (to make 1 jar)
1 jar, glass or plastic with lid
1 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable glycerin* (or baby oil or virgin olive oil)
1-2 teaspoons Vitamin E oil (optional)
1-2 drops essential oil (try orange or lavender)
small handful of dried herbs/flowers (Lavender,
chamomile or rosemary are good choices)
1. Mix the sugar and vegetable glycerin in the container.
2. Add the essential oil. (Remember lavender is soothing
and orange is invigorating).
Vitamin E will act as a preservative. If it isn’t used, your
product will have a limited shelf life (14 – 24 months).
3. Add and mix the flowers/herbs.
4. Include a tag with the ingredients and “how to use”:
Place small amount on a washcloth and rub in circles to
exfoliate. Rinse well. If the mixture sits for any length of time, it may
need to be stirred before use.
1. Plastic jars may be safer to use in the bathroom. I saw some cute ones
in the local dollar store this week.
2. Vegetable glycerin is usually available in the skin care aisles of the
drugstore, but some pharmacies keep it behind the counter. Ask the