My “Garden Aunt,” Edith Ann, humbly submits her five best and five worst gardening gifts. As always, please feel free to heartily agree, vehemently disagree, or add your own.
- A wheeled garden cart that you can sit on and store tools in
- A large plastic tarp with handles – lots of uses!
- Assorted pretty ceramic houseplant pots
- A handsome outdoor planter
- A gardener’s journal with a 10-year span
- Bug zappers. They kill indiscriminately
- Cutsie bird houses and feeders. I like them to blend in
- Knee pads. They never stay in place
- Those glass watering balls for houseplants. I hate the way they look.
- Garden gnomes.
Haha… I have garden gnomes, pink flamingos, bunny statues… I have a 10 year old daughter! I DID manage to get her to take the reindeer made from a toilet-paper roll off of the middle of my Mantlepiece Christmas decorations without hurthing her feelings…
If I get a gnome as a gift, I simply find a nice spot for it in the garden and learn to laugh!
Like everything else in the garden, ornaments are always a matter of personal taste. Enjoy your gnomes and whatever makes you happy!