The final contributor to our garden gift series is horticultural icon and very nice man, Roger Swain. By the way, these submissions are all in the authors’ own words – not edited by me. As always, your comments on these posts are welcome, whether or not you agree!
- A 3-legged Stokes orchard ladder in a length I don’t already have
- A ball of baling twine ( actually they come in pairs as so many good things do).
- Another Dutch hand hoe ( made by Sneeboer)
- A 2 and 1/2 gallon (ten liter) Dramm watering can ( in red, for the season)
- A truckload of finished compost
- and a plate of Rhode Island calamari ( oh wait, that’s six)
- garden- themed tea-towels
- wall plaques
I want to thank everyone who went along with my eccentric little theme, and sent in their lists. I am so grateful to count you as friends, colleagues and mentors, and I hope Santa brings you only “bests” this year.